Another question – another answer.

Q: Through my divorce proceedings I have been awarded ½ of my Ex’s TSP. This amounts to about $150,000. What is the best way to invest this?

A: I hope that you have, or will receive a QDRO. This is a Qualified Domestic Relations Order that creates or recognizes the existence of an alternate payee’s right to receive, or assigns to an alternate payee the right to receive, all or a portion of the benefits payable with respect to a participant under a retirement plan. This will allow you to establish your own IRA into which to roll the proceeds from the TSP.


One thought on “Another question – another answer.